Canada Cups – Cross Your Heart Relay
Hello welcome to day 3 of our Canada Cups – Cross Your Heart Relay !! I live in southwestern Ontario where the temperatures were a balmy 40 degrees with the humid ex last week and the CCMA awards wrapped up on Sunday with a wonderful week of stars everywhere we went!
My bosom buddy from Western Ontario is Lisa from Glitter in my Coffee please check out Lisa post today also!!
The Craftsy Class that I am going to review is Sewing Bras Construction and Fit by Beverly Johnson. I need to admit that when Marsha Law our powerhouse leader asked me to join the tour I was extremely intimidated to sew a bra! Well as soon as I watch the Beverly’s Craftsy class I know all was going to be fine. Beverly has a knack for making you feel at ease and her lessons are easy to follow and my very first bra turned out amazing – I do need to tweak the next one to make the fit a bit better but my love for bra making has just begun!
Sewing Bras Construction and Fit is broken down into seven classes. Also included are class materials, including guidelines for choosing bra size, fabrics and notions. This class runs over 3.5 hours of instruction.
The first class include meeting the Fairy Bra Mother, learning about fit and measuring to get the perfect fitting bra. The introduction also walks you through a variety of patterns and the best
fabrics to get started on your bra making adventure. I chose to order the bra making kit with Beverly’s classic Pin-Up Girls bra pattern to make my first bra from Bra Makers Supply this included everything needed for the craftsy class and extra fabric to make another bra or two.
The next six classes walk you through every aspect of creating your own bra and all of the professional touches to make your bra look like ready to wear. All of the sewing is done on a domestic sewing machine so no fancy equipment is required. Beverly adds her unique sense of humour to the video so you are laughing along with her.
Overall Impressions – This class is an amazing way to learn a new skill. I work full time and love that I am able to go back to the video any time I wish. I need to say that I created my bra in three different time segments. First I cut out the pattern. Second I cut out the pattern and thirdly I sewed the pattern. I loved how detailed the video was and it was easy to follow step by step. I think that my favourite part of the class was Beverly sense of humour!! I found myself laughing through out the video – which made me feel great about how my bra turned out.
What Is My Conclusions….So far this is my favourite class! I have also purchased the pantie class and am looking forward to sewing up some unders. Beverly makes it so easy to create a beautiful bra and the step by step directions are so easy to follow that I am extremely excited about making another one!! I am also excited to try different fabrics and different elastics to create different looks. My bra is not the perfect fit nor is the sewing perfect but I sewed a beautiful bra that looks awesome and I know exactly what to do next time to make it the perfect fit.
Thank you Beverly for the amazing course!
Here is my bra.
♥Sunday, September 11
♥Monday, September 12
- Valérie, la Élégantine, gets us airborne with some lingerie of her own, même en français
Her Bosom Buddy Michelle S. from Little Heart Threads, balances with more sweet lingerie
- Lisa who drinks Glitter in my Coffee brings us an Uplifting post
- Rachel of The Wild Stitch manages a little tête-à-tête with Emerald Erin
♥Tuesday, September 13
- Lisa fits right in as a new Pin Up Girl
Her Bosom Buddy, Shelaine, also makes her first bra
- Rachelle gets up close and personal with Carrie from With Love Lingerie
- Valérie returns with a whole new Bosom Buddy to tell us about Miss Maika Fabrics(This girl gets around!)
♥Wednesday, September 14
- Rachelle gets to the bottom of things with her review of a Craftsy class
Her surrogate Bosom Buddy Michelle N. from Michelle’s Creations dishes on the same Craftsy class
- Jessica from Gracious Threads gets the skinny on our Fairy Bra Mother
- Deb of Sprouting Jubejube chats with Emilie from Jalie
♥Thursday, September 15
- Karin gets chaotic (twice!) with corsets at Mrs. Weaver’s Finest Unmentionables
Her BB Marsha flies by the seams of her pants into the corsetry web
- Shelaine is up to something and we have no idea what
- Michelle gets Mrs. Weaver to talk about her Finest Unmentionables
♥Friday, September 16
- Wild Stitch Rachel tries her hands at designing her own assets
So does her Cross Country BB Jess from the west
- Valérie est du rétour avec une entrevue de Blackbird
- Michelle N. takes us to a secret spot in the centre of things
♥Saturday, September 17
- Michelle S. returns to talk to Wendy about her bespoke bras. Be what??
- Marsha gets a taste of what’s behind Farthingales’ corsets
- Meanwhile BBs Deb and Michelle N. go bottoms up in panties
♥Sunday, September 18
Whoohoo! It’s giveaway day today!
♥Monday, September 19
Have you entered the giveaways yet? Today’s your last chance.
♥Tuesday, September 20
Giveaway winners announced on all the blogs:
Life of a Fairy Bra Mother, Little Heart Threads, Glitter in my Coffee, Michelle’s Creations,Mrs. Weaver’s Finest Unmentionables, Braphoria, Gracious Threads, Élégantine!, Shelaine’s Designs, That’s so Venice, Sprouting Jubejube, Flying by the Seam of my Pants, The Wild Stitch, Farthingales Corset Blog
♥After September 20
- Come back to visit all the blogs for followup posts. It’s always fun!
- Craftsy class discounts expire at midnight Sept. 30